starring Michael Finn!
Michael is 28 years old, 6-2 and 165 pounds. He is an avid 15 year surfer but a novice with hard core consistent resistance training. He wants to add 15-25 pounds of muscle to his very thin frame.
The goal of this experiment is to document his training-eating and development thru pictures and updates on the blog. We have developed a solid program he’ll use over the next 6-12 months. He is motivated and determined to reach his goals.
*We hope he will continue to make this a “LIFESTYLE CHOICE” and not just an experiment to gain muscle and then not maintain what he built.*
Here are his “Before Pictures”!
He will practice a very basic FULL BODY ROUTINE hitting each Muscle Group 3x over every 7 days. It will be gradually tweaked every 6 weeks.
Because he is such a novice weight trainer, his body should respond as long as he practices the “10 Commandments of Physique Improvement” and shows up to train.
*It is very important for everyone who reads this blog to understand we are not training Michael and any results or improvements he makes will be purely dependant on his own focus–desire and achievement.*
Full Body Workout 1
- Incline Presses(DB or Machine)x3 Sets (15 Reps-10 Reps-5 Reps)
- Machine Rows x3 Sets(15 Reps-10 Reps-5 Reps)
- Lateral Raises x3 Sets(15 Reps for all 3 Sets)
- Shrugs(DB or Barbell)x3 Sets(of 10 Reps each)
- Tricep Cable Pushdown x3 Sets (12 Reps-10 Reps-8 Reps)
- DB Biceps Curls(2 Arm Together)x3 Sets (10 Reps Each)
- Leg Press Machine x3 Sets 15 Reps per Set
- Ab Crunches on a Decline Board x3 Sets to Failure Each set
Full Body Workout 2
- DB Shoulder Press x2 sets (10 Reps each set)
- Assisted Pull Up Machine-Wide Grip to Front x2 sets (10 Reps each set)
- Pec Dec or Cable Flyes-x3 Sets (10 Reps each set)
- Rear Delt Machine x2 Sets (10 Reps each set)
- Tricep Skull Crushers x3 Sets(10 Reps each set)
- DB Hammer Curls x3 sets (10 Reps each set)
- Lying Hamstring Curls x3 sets(12 Reps each set)
- Hanging Leg Raises x3 sets (Til Failure each set)
Full Body Workout 3
- Flat Bench DB Presses x3 sets (15-10-5 Reps)
- Close Grip Cable Pulldowns x3 sets(10 Reps Each Set)
- DB Front Delt Raises(Seated or Standing)x3 sets (12 reps per set)
- DB Rear Delt Raises(Bent Over)x2 sets (15 Reps per set)
- BB or DB Shrugs x3 sets ((15 Reps per set)
- Preacher Curl Machine x3 sets (10 Reps per set)
- DB Tricep 2 Arm Behind Head Extensions x3 sets(10 reps per set)
- Squats (DB or Barbell) x3 sets (8-10 Reps per set)
His diet is going to be kept very simple:
He weighes 160 pounds and has naturally low bodyfat. His goal is to gain 25 pounds of muscle.
He will be eating about 15-18 kcals per pound of bodyweight on a daily basis. He also will consume 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. His EFA intake will also be very high coming from Udo’s Oil-Flax Oil, Fish Oil Capsules, Avocado-Nuts etc.
Figure a normal day of meeting these nutritional requirements: 200grams of Protein __ 275gms of Carbs___80gms of Fat(mostly from EFA’s)
A sample Day’s Diet:
Meal 1: Protein Shake (2 Scoops Muscle Milk Powder and 1 Scoop of Whey Protein) and a Bowl of Oatmeal
Meal 2: Muscle Milk (RTD)while at work.
Meal 3: Lunch consisting of 2 Chicken Sandwiches or Can and a Half of Tuna on Wheat Bread with Mayo
Meal 4: Muscle Milk(RTD)while at work
Meal 5: Dinner consisting of Lean Protein(Chicken-Steak-Fish-Brown Rice and Vegetables)
Meal 6: Right Before Bed (Another Protein Shake with Peanut Butter Mixed in)
He can add in “SNACKS” of
- Protein Bars
- Peanut Butter.
He needs excess calories to gain weight and we aren’t too worried about fat gain for now.
Good luck Mr. Finn!
Nobody is more motivated to see you succeed then us.
AIN’T NUTTIN TO IT____BUT TO DO IT!!!